Student Services Center
The Student Services Center’s mission is to mentor and assist sophomores and pre-majors in goal setting and establishing strategies to progress to advanced levels of education in the College of Health and Behavioral Sciences. The objectives of the center are to:
- Encourage students to gather and evaluate information, and make meaningful decisions based upon a consideration of the information, alternatives, and personal values and goals.
- Assist students in the exploration of possible short- and long-range consequences of decisions and facilitate advisees’ recognition and acceptance of personal responsibility for their choices.
- Assist students in developing an academic program consistent with their goals.
- Help students recognize and accept the reality of possible successes and failures, thereby encouraging a sense of confidence and maturity.
- Help students explore career choices and choices of academic major based on their interests, values, skills, and abilities.